Our duo classes offer an innovative solution for Public Servants eager to practice and polish their answers to the SLE oral test.
Students are paired up by two and they work together under the supervision of an experimented teacher toward the same objective: passing the oral part of the Second Language Evaluation for Government of Canada's Public Servants.
Duo classes are designed by levels: preparation for Oral B or Oral C.
What you can expect
The teacher provides questions from the SLE oral test and gives alternately the roles of Performer or Listener to each student.
The Performer gives their best answer to the question.
The Listener is actively listening and provides detailed feedback using a precise scorecard we provide.
The teacher guides the session, validates or adjusts the feedback given by the Listener. The teacher also acts as a moderator and encourages students to help each others. The teacher will give students time to co-build together their own personal answers, taking the best of both performances.
Once both students have performed and listened to the same question, and after they got feedback on their answers, the teacher gives student a second chance to perform their answers. This second turn gives students a chance to immediately integrate the feedback they received, which is the best paved way progress.
Once a round is completed, the teacher introduces another question, and another cycle starts.
Expect to be covering 5 to 7 questions during 1.5 hour session.
Why it's good for your French
- plenty of opportunities to practice and better your answers,
- gain familiarity with the format and the questions of the test.
- opportunities to hear someone else make the same mistakes you do, which will enhance your ability to correct yours! It will help you understand how much clarity, cohesion and cohesiveness are needed in your answers.
A bonus is that it allows students to share some tools and advice. It also brings some camaraderie to students who might feel a bit isolated and alone in their learning process.
- Duo classes are available as drop-ins for $60 or with a monthly membership. Register below.
Read our membership and Duo Class policies here.
If you are not sure if a Duo Class is what you need?
You don't know if you are at the right level?
- different memberships for different needs
- classes are offered most days of the week: morning, lunch, afternoon or after work hours.
- first come first serve online registration